Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
This is the final episode of Chalk Talk’s 2015 IFSC Bouldering World Cup Roundups as it was the final comp of the season. There were more Americans involved than ever. USA Climbing has been attempting to fundraise for athletes along with some athletes reaching out to the community with crowdfunding efforts.
The plan was to produce an episode after each of the World Cup competitions with analysis, feedback, and awe from myself, Jackie Hueftle, and anyone else I could wrangle worth speaking to about this season. I hope we lived up to the hype. We’re both already excited about next season where there will be 8 IFSC Bouldering Word Cups in new and existing cities, along with the World Championships held in Paris, France next year.
Show Notes for episode on 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- A quick wrap-up of the semi-finals round with some serious upsets from the likes of Nathaniel Coleman (USA), GG Mondet (FRA), Adam Ondra (CZE), Dimitri Sharifudtinov (RUS), Miho Nonaka (JPN), Aya Onoe (JPN), and more
- How weather conditions and hold texture could’ve made a difference in finals with some of the first climbers out doing well in the round and the later climbers struggling more
- Notes on a couple heavy-hitting females (Shauna Coxsey (GBR), Megan Mascarenas (USA), and Akiyo Noguchi (JPN))
- We eventually stop beating around the bush and get into the structured problem by problem analysis
- The beta savvy skills of Martin Stranik (CZE)
- The experienced Alexey Rubstov (RUS)
- Jan Hojer’s (GER) struggling performance in the race for overall season podium against Jongwon Chon (KOR)
- The two girls who rocketed on the scene, Stasa Gejo (SRB) and Katja Kadic (SLO)
- Where Akiyo Noguchi (JPN) seemed to be having some un-characteristic troubles this comp
- What happened for Megan Mascarenas (USA) having trouble on the final problem
- What to look forward to next year including where the 8 World Cup events will be held
Related Links for 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- IFSC Website | www.IFSC-Climbing.org
- The Circuit Climbing and Performance Magazine | www.TheCircuitClimbing.com
- www.OnBouldering.com | for great Bouldering World Cup coverage
Related episodes for 2015 World Cup Roundup:
- 2015 World Cup Roundup episodes from Toronto, Vail, Chongqing, and Haiyang
- Ep.35 w/ Shauna Coxsey “To Be An Athlete” (in between the Haiyang and Munich comps)
- Ep.36 w/ Heiko Wilhelm “Beyond the Face” (Coach of Austrian Climbing Team & Photographer)
- Ep.27 w/ Josh Larson “Livin’ the Dream” (U.S. athlete competing in the 2015 World Cup Series)
- Ep.11 w/ Mina Leslie-Wujastyk “A Healthy Perspective” (On deciding to quit competition climbing)
Videos featuring 2015 World Cup Roundup:
Photo Gallery of 2015 World Cup Roundup:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!