Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
Show Notes for episode with Kris Odub Hampton:
- We geek out for a minute or two about how great podcasts are
- Kris’ many hats including hip-hop artist, mural painter, climber, blogger, trainer, etc.
- How he got into hip-hop growing up in an “all white, very racist neighborhood”
- The pitfalls of commercial art
- How helping locals with training plans became Power Company Climbing
- His new training app
- How to personalize your training plan; What works…
- What about those climbers who never train and crush everything?
- The basics of training
- Living vicariously through other Chrises while recovering from an injury (see photos below)
- Weight training for climbing and when to incorporate it
Related Links and Sponsors for Kris Odub Hampton:
- Power Company Climbing | http://www.powercompanyclimbing.com/
- Power Company Climbing Facebook
- Soundcloud link for Kris’ recent hiphop album | https://soundcloud.com/kris-hampton-1/sets
- More of Kris’ Music | http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=32810
Related Chalk Talk Podcast Episodes for Kris Odub Hampton:
- Ep.13 w/ Neely Quinn “Training for the Masses”
- Ep.10 w/ Ander Rockstad “In a Nutshell”
- Ep.5 w/ Justen Sjong “Training your Mind, Breath, and Finding Success”
Videos featuring Kris Odub Hampton:
An example of workout video from Kris’ upcoming training app…
Photo Gallery of Kris Odub Hampton:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!