Listen on the player at the top of the page or find us on itunes!
The Red Rock Rendezvous is one of the nation’s largest climbing festivals. During the 3 day event, climbers of all abilities can take clinics from top athletes in the sport. Phil Bridgers is the event coordinator and deals with just about every aspect of this event directly. In this episode he shares his experience and hopes for the coming Red Rock Rendezvous on March 27th-29th, 2015.
Show Notes for episode with Red Rock Rendezvous:
- The origins of the Red Rock Rendezvous
- Why Paul Fish of Mountain Gear and Dennis Gafvert of The North Face wanted to create a climbing festival
- An explanation of the festivities at the RRR: Clinics, Food, Beer, Music, etc…
- How they are monitoring the festival’s impact on the area and minimizing any negative repercussions
- The athletes and climbers teaching the clinics including: Hans Florine, Alex Johnson, Chris Schulte, Peter Croft, and more
- How to plan your weekend if you are attending
- And which athlete can’t stay out of the photo booth
Related Links and Sponsors for Red Rock Rendezvous:
Videos featuring Red Rock Rendezvous:
Photo Gallery of Red Rock Rendezvous:
Thanks for listening and be sure to leave a review for Chalk Talk, A Climbing Industry Podcast on itunes!